No subject

Thu May 27 11:52:52 EDT 2010

CPack is not aware **AT ALL** of subprojects :-(

It's even worse, since CPack is not meant to be included more than once
in the same tree.
In fact you already know that because you are the reporter of this:
http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=3D10751

A related discussion on the ML:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-August/038648.html

So I would say, unless I misunderstood something,
that **currently** you CAN NOT use "subproject" to do any grouping with CPa=
ck.
If any subproject do include(CPack) while your toplevel project does
it as well, you'll get unexpected behavior.
The most probable consequence is that is you call "make package" in the top=
level
project you'll get a source package instead of a binary package :-)

What you CAN ALREADY do is to use your toplevel project to build a package =
which
contains all subprojects. You can even use component in the
subproject(s) it will
work as expected.

If we want to be able to include(CPack) several times, many thing
should be changed
and we should specify the expected behavior very precisely, I do not
think it's as easy
as it may seems. Definitely on my workplan now :-(

--=20
Erk
Membre de l'April - =AB promouvoir et d=E9fendre le logiciel libre =BB -
http://www.april.org