[CMake] Build on one machine, test on multiple

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sun May 30 08:17:05 EDT 2010

On Friday 28 May 2010, Martin Apel wrote:
> Hi Karthik,
>
> I was aware, that I can start ctest this way. However from my
> understanding this requires at least the whole build tree to be at the
> same location
> as on the build machine. I had hoped to get away with copying a subset
> of the generated files somehow, possibly to a different directory.

Yes, I'm interested in the same thing.
I'd like to run our tests on different cluster sizes. It's the same compiler,
OS and hardware each time, "just" a different number of nodes where it will
run on.
I guess one should look at the testing files created in the buildtree and then
figure out what could be done.

Alex