[CMake] newbie question - what targets are supported?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri May 28 02:53:31 EDT 2010

2010/5/28 Michael Hertling <mhertling at online.de>:
> On 05/28/2010 12:14 AM, Doug Reiland wrote:
>> okay, I have ordered the book. But, in the meantime.
>>
>> I am continuing to port a large library from in-house build to cmake
>> for evaluation.
>> What builtin targets are supported?
>
> On *nix, run CMake on a directory with an empty CMakeLists.txt, then
> invoke "make help" and you'll see the targets provided a priori - or
> did you rather mean "rules" instead of "targets"?
>
>> I got lex, gperf, and other kinds of stuff.

As a complement, many "things" are supported using custom CMake modules:

cmake --help-module-list

will give you a list of CMake modules shipped with CMake, while

cmake --help-module <moduleName>

will give you more detailed information about the module.
For example:
cmake --help-module FindFLEX

may be worth reading if you are using lex.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org