[CMake] CMAKE -- compiling questions

Lucian Goron luciangoron at gmail.com
Tue May 25 18:34:39 EDT 2010

Back to square one !
I solved all the VTK problems, and now it gives me the same error as in the
beginning.

goron at schwarz:~/work/ransac/build$ make
Linking CXX executable coloredElevationMap
CMakeFiles/coloredElevationMap.dir/home/goron/work/common/CommonVTKRoutines.cc.o:
In function `Create2xRenderWindowAndInteractorMovie(vtkRenderer*,
vtkRenderer*, char const*, char const*, int, int, int)':
CommonVTKRoutines.cc:(.text+0xa720): undefined reference to
`vtkFFMPEGWriter::New()'
CMakeFiles/coloredElevationMap.dir/home/goron/work/common/CommonVTKRoutines.cc.o:
In function `Create4xRenderWindowAndInteractorMovie(vtkRenderer*,
vtkRenderer*, vtkRenderer*, vtkRenderer*, char const*, char const*, int,
int, int)':
CommonVTKRoutines.cc:(.text+0xad84): undefined reference to
`vtkFFMPEGWriter::New()'
CMakeFiles/coloredElevationMap.dir/home/goron/work/common/CommonVTKRoutines.cc.o:
In function `CreateRenderWindowAndInteractorMovie(vtkRenderer*, char const*,
char const*, int, int, int)':
CommonVTKRoutines.cc:(.text+0xb6e3): undefined reference to
`vtkFFMPEGWriter::New()'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [coloredElevationMap] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/coloredElevationMap.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
goron at schwarz:~/work/ransac/build$

Yet again the error itself is not important, but the

(.text+0xa720)
(.text+0xad84)
(.text+0xb6e3)

are ! wasn't it supposed to show me the line number where the error occurs
in

/home/lucian/work/common/CommonVTKRoutines.cc

how can I see the line numbers ?

Michael, thank you for your advice. So for I did this

goron at schwarz:~/work/ransac/build$ cmake .
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/goron/work/ransac/build
goron at schwarz:~/work/ransac/build$

but the end result is the same. It still won't show me the line numbers were
the error occurs in

/home/lucian/work/common/CommonVTKRoutines.cc

Do you know what else should I try ?
Or anybody, for that matter ?

Cheers,