[CMake] diagnosing "could not COPY_FILE" during configure

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue May 25 13:51:26 EDT 2010

On 5/25/2010 1:23 PM, Simmons, Aaron wrote:
> I'm trying to use CMake with an admittedly odd toolchain (Adobe's
Alchemy project) and it's failing at configure time while detecting the
C/C++ ABI info with the error "CMake Error: Could not COPY_FILE"

> I'm sure this is a bug in the toolchain and not CMake, but I'm not
sure how to diagnose it. How would I go about debugging this? What is
CMake doing at this step? Is there a "verbose" mode for configuration so
I can see the params its passing the gcc? Here is the full error:

Run cmake with --debug-trycompile.

That will leave the temp dirs around.   Then in CMakeFiles you should
find the makefile that failed to build that file.  You can also look in
CMakeErrors.log and see if it has any useful info.

-Bill