[CMake] Need cmake help for MacOsX

Jérôme VERNET vernet.jerome at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 21 10:42:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to update an existing cmake project to be used on MacOsX. After a lot of thinking, I can now build, using the right framworks/library/using the good SDK/on the right ARCHitecture... It was hard, because there is nearly no MacOsX cmake documentation (or not up to date).

The last thing I'm stucked on is:
- how can cmake copy some Frameworks in the Ressources folder of my bundled app ? I need to copy SDL.Framework, for example.
- how can cmake can copy my localized resources (French.lproj and English.lproj) in my bundled app ?
I tried this:
# When building for OSX, define specific sources for gui and ressources
if(ENABLE_OSX_BUNDLE)
set(GUIOSX_SOURCES
gui-osx/AlertHooks.m gui-osx/PrefsController.m gui-osx/Shared.m
gui-osx/CreateFloppyController.m gui-osx/SDLMain.m)
set_source_files_properties(${GUIOSX_SOURCES} PROPERTIES LANGUAGE C)
set(GUIOSX_RSRCS
  gui-osx/Hatari.icns
  gui-osx/English.lproj gui-osx/French.lproj)
endif(ENABLE_OSX_BUNDLE)
But I have an error about Copying gui-osx/English.lproj at the end....

For the second point, it was working when there is only one file, but now, there is folder to be copied.

What about "fixBundle" ? I wcannot find any documentation....
Next thing i will need help:
- I will have a problem that I cannot yet resolve: building an i386 app for debbugging, and an Universal (x86;ppc) for Release... Tried without success... I read a previous thread in this mailing list, but cannot find a solution.
- Make a different build system when building on MacOsX 10.5 or 10.6. When using 10.5, I will need to use library that are not provided by MacOs 10.5 (readline, libpng, etc) in the good version. So, make will have to find them elsewhere or display an error. May be there is a way to find a version number ?
- ....
Thanks for help,

Jerome