[CMake] CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH appears not to work properly for finding libtcl

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sat May 15 14:33:50 EDT 2010

On 5/15/2010 2:04 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> Now that we are in agreement there is an issue with NAMES order determining
> the FIND_XXX result rather than whichever NAMES alternative is highest in
> the SUPER_PATH, I have written up this issue as bug
> http://public.kitware.com/Bug/view.php?id=10718. I have also done some
> additional experiments with variations on the CMakeLists.txt file there to
> show that FIND_FILE, FIND_LIBRARY, and FIND_PATH all have the same issue as
> FIND_PROGRAM. My knowledge of the CMake code base and my C++ skills are too
> limited to discover where in the CMake codebase the inner and outer loops
> for NAMES and SUPER_PATH components should be swapped for those commands,
> but thanks for determining that location for the FIND_PROGRAM
> command.

The code is all here:

cmFindProgramCommnad.cxx:

std::string cmFindProgramCommand::FindProgram(std::vector<std::string>
names)

kwsys/SystemTools.cxx:
kwsys_stl::string SystemTools::FindProgram(
   const char* nameIn,
   const kwsys_stl::vector<kwsys_stl::string>& userPaths,
   bool no_system_path)

kwsys_stl::string SystemTools::FindProgram(
   const kwsys_stl::vector<kwsys_stl::string>& names,
   const kwsys_stl::vector<kwsys_stl::string>& path,
   bool noSystemPath)
{