[CMake] Effort to create a new generator (tup)

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu May 6 12:59:29 EDT 2010

On Thu, 6 May 2010 18:16:14 +0200, Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Another issue: How would one automatically rerun CMake when one of the
> input files to CMake changes? Of course, the build would then have to
> continue with the potentially modified Tupfile's...

Rebuilding with modified Tupfiles is not a problem, and will only build
what is necessary.  But:

  Tup doesn't support generating the Tupfiles themselves from other
  programs. If you do that, you would need to run a separate program to
  generate them before running 'tup upd'. I would hope that tup is
  expressive enough that you don't feel the need to generate the
  Tupfiles, though.

  http://groups.google.com/group/tup-users/msg/2b16ad647bda6c7c

Maybe this will change, preferably by coming up with a clean way to
express the dependency.

Jed