[CMake] Effort to create a new generator (tup)

Jed Brown jed at 59A2.org
Thu May 6 12:06:48 EDT 2010

On Thu, 6 May 2010 17:41:45 +0200, Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6. May, 2010, at 17:37 , Jed Brown wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 6 May 2010 17:32:28 +0200, Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Ugh, yes. So this should be (does tup accept absolute source file paths?)
> >>
> >> /path/to/a.f90 |> gfortran -c -o %o %f |> %B.o %B.mod
> >
> > No problem on the source paths, but I think this should be
> >
> >  /path/to/a.f90 |> gfortran -c -o %B.o %f |> %B.o %B.mod
>
> Missed that one (you see, I'm a newbie when it comes to tup ;-))

Me too.

FWIW, here is a benchmark generator script, which just adds tup to this

  http://retropaganda.info/~bohan/work/sf/psycle/branches/bohan/wonderbuild/benchmarks/gen-bench

You run it as

  $ ./gen-bench medium 50 100 15 5
  $ cd medium
  $ tup init; tup monitor
  $ time tup upd -j3            # full build
  $ touch lib_20/class_20.hpp
  $ time tup upd -j3            # incremental build
  $ time tup upd                # do-nothing rebuild

Jed