[CMake] Effort to create a new generator (tup)

Mike Shal marfey at gmail.com
Wed May 5 15:39:18 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 5:47 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at
kitware.com> wrote:
> On 4/22/2010 3:47 PM, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
>> As we never attempted to do any sort of CMake generator, not even
>> looking the existing, I'd like to know the expected effort to write
>> one for Tup from you guys. Anyone that would like to help with this
>> task?
>>

> I think it would be a somewhat larger undertaking.   It may tax tup quite a
> bit.  However, CMake has a pretty good set of tests so you would know when
> it was working.

I'm not too familiar with CMake, but I wrote tup. What part of making
a CMake generator do you think would tax tup?

(Apologies if I break the threading - I just signed up to the list and
tried to reply from the archived message).

Thanks,
-Mike