[CMake] Building for 2 platforms with 4 compilers

Kārlis Repsons k at 11.lv
Mon May 3 06:02:25 EDT 2010

On Friday 30 April 2010 09:35:46 Michael Wild wrote:
> Write a script that creates for each of the combinations a separate build
>  tree and then invokes CMake as appropriate.
> I hope this helps, otherwise we'll probably need a bit more information...

Michael,
what I need doesn't seem unique, so maybe you can name example project to look
at. It is, I need a build system, which:

0. does the relevant tests and sets C precompiler flags, if needed.

1. can build in three modes:
1.1. default build for host platform with default compiler;
1.2. build for the specified platform and (optionally also) compiler
 /this far I've only used MinGW cross compiling, so maybe I leave something
out/;
1.3. automatically build for all platform+compiler pairs available to test
code for portability at that level.

2. can be used in some IDEs for building, compilers output formatting and
quick linking to the lines in source.

Sure, does all that from exactly the same source tree.
So, do you have any similar project in mind? (preferably smaller)