[CMake] installation problem

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Sun May 2 22:02:46 EDT 2010

On 5/2/2010 5:53 PM, Zhuang Song wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
> Thank you for pointing this out. I did try several times to install
> CMake. When I started with a clean build/source tree, I got a lot of
> other errors in bootstrap.  I tried to attach the output of bootstrap with error
> messages, but it was hold by the maillist moderator because the file
> size exceeded
> the limit. Anyway, the final message is: "Curses libraries were not found.
> Curses GUI for CMake will not be built."

So, you don't have the curses developer package installed.  You need to
have the curses header files installed.  Have you tried just using the
linux binary from www.cmake.org?

> My system is AMD x86-64, GNU/Linux 2.6.9. When I compile from the
> source code of CMake, I was wondering if the source code of CMake for
> Linux (version 2.8.1) has any issue with 64 bit Linux system.

No no issues, it is tested/built on systems like that every day.

You just don't have the curses dev package installed correctly or even
at all.

-Bill