[CMake] find_library and mac os x SDKs

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Mar 29 11:45:46 EDT 2010

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:53:46 -0400, Simmons, Aaron said:

>> It is a common misconception that one needs to use the 10.4 SDK to
>> create an executable that is compatible with 10.4.  This is not so.
>
>In most cases, you're right.

Yes, I should have clarified that there are exceptions, and it looks
like you've found one.

You might try asking on Apple's xcode-dev list to see if there is a way
to make your stuff work with newer SDKs.  As you've noticed, the 10.4
SDK is now an optional install, and will very likely be gone by OS X 10.7.

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 17:54:46 +0100, Michael Wild said:

>(and
>also specify -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 in all CMAKE_<LANG>_FLAGS variables).

Note that CMake 2.8 now has CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET, so you don't
need to do it that way anymore.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com