[CMake] How to determine CPU features

Alexander Tarasov altar at gmx.com
Fri Mar 26 21:25:19 EDT 2010

First of all the ${CMAKE_HOST_HAS_<any_feature>} does not seem to work.

Also I've looked through the patch submitted in the context of bug
#7273. It looks like it implements (fixes) the CPU features retrieval
but it does not export them to the cmake user.

As far as I understand the only way to export a cmake variable is to use
DefineProperty() method. I've looked through all properties exported and
did not find anything related to the extended CPU features. It looks
like that these properties have been removed or may be has not been
implemented.

While this info is available to cmake I suppose this should be exported
to an end-user as well. So
1) could anyone clarify the issue?
2) is it needs to be added to the bugtracker?

Best regards,
Alexander.