[CMake] GetPrerequisites (Install the Qt DLL needed)

Benoit benpaka.spam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 08:09:50 EDT 2010

Hello,

I am using cmake in my project and i want the install script to
automatically find and install all the DLL that I need to run this program
(I'm using Qt and i need QtCore.dll QtGui.dll and QtSql.dll).
I have found reading the mailing
list<http://www.mail-archive.com/cmake@cmake.org/msg14476.html>that it
exist a GetPrerequisites.cmake that contains few functions to do so.

The bad thing is that I did not found any exemple on how to use it!

I've try with a simple using Qt in my project  (See below): My question are:

1 - Someone have an exemple of  get_prerequisites() function?
2 - the result works well but I obtain only the name of the DLL not the full
path? (I don't want to use find_program() after this call)
3 - I want this function to only run when I do a make install (is it
possible)?
4 - How to add the target in an easier way?
5 - I have a warning that: "run in install tree instead of build tree?".
what does that mean?

set(EXECNAME Server)
add_executable(${EXECNAME} ${CPP_FILES} ${QM_FILES} ${UI_FILES} ...)

include(InstallRequiredSystemLibraries)
install(TARGETS ${EXECNAME} DESTINATION bin COMPONENT Server)

if(WIN32)

set(TARGET_DIR ${CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY}/Debug)
set(PREREQ "")
get_prerequisites(${TARGET_DIR}/${EXECNAME}.exe" PREREQ 0 1 ${TARGET_DIR}
"")
message(STATUS "PREREQ=${PREREQ}")

endif(WIN32)

Thanks,