[CMake] CTest script doesn't checkout the head revision

Tyler Roscoe tyler at cryptio.net
Fri Mar 19 11:41:37 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 10:08:39AM -0300, Felipe Sodre dos Santos wrote:
> SET (CTEST_UPDATE_COMMAND "svn")
> SET (REPO_USERNAME nightly_builder)
> SET (REPO_PASSWORD nightly_builder_pass)
> SET (REPO https://myrepo/svn/myproject/trunk)
> SET (CTEST_CVS_CHECKOUT "svn co ${REPO} --username ${REPO_USERNAME} --password ${REPO_PASSWORD} ${CTEST_SOURCE_DIRECTORY}")

Have you tried CTEST_CHECKOUT_COMMAND instead of CTEST_CVS_CHECKOUT
since you're not using CVS.

> And the batch file that calls this script is as follows:
>
> rmdir /S /Q \myproject
> ctest -S myproject.ctest
>
> That is, it erases the previous checkout before actually start a new one.
> However, sometimes it seems like the checkout isn't made right, since
> it doesn't check out the HEAD revision (I know that because when I see
> a broken build in the morning, I do a svn update in the build
> directory and it updates many files that weren't changed in the mean
> time).

I'm not sure I understand your problem, but I've observed that if
CTEST_CHECKOUT_COMMAND is defined it will always be run before
CTEST_UPDATE_COMMAND. For me this leads to a spurious lack of updated
files: the checkout command updates my working copy so when the update
command runs, it doesn't find any new files.

Could this be related?

tyler