[CMake] cmake -E tar using bzip2 compression

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Mar 18 21:40:36 EDT 2010

Hugh Sorby wrote:
> I have been hanging out for 2.8.1 because I needed this feature to
> provide seamless integration with our current build system.  On testing
> yesterday no dice I couldn't decompress a bzip2 archive.  I even looked
> through the source code but couldn't find it.
>
> I feel I have missed the boat on this one but I don't know why.  Any
> further information on this would be great.

Sorry, about that, the support for that came with the libarchive switch
which was somewhat unstable, and required lots of changes.   I will talk
with the rest of the CMake team and figure out how we can get this into
a release as soon as possible.   We are working on coming up with a
better work flow for CMake, so that new releases are more frequent.

-Bill