[CMake] Static Modules

Markus Raab usenet at markus-raab.org
Wed Mar 10 18:01:18 EST 2010

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> We don't have that anymore, we just compile all the files directly into
> one library.

But only in the dynamic way?

> We didn't have any issues with this since then.

> (it may be possible to hack something together with custom commands to
> extract the object files from the ar archives and put them together into a
> resulting ar file

The code I posted is exactly doing that.

But I dont see the way to add these objects to the resulting static library.

> but I wouldn't recommend this)

Why are you not recommending that? Static linkage has it advantages and use
cases. Dynamic linkage is supported too of course.

best regards
Markus

--
http://www.markus-raab.org | Den Wert eines Menschenlebens bestimmt
                      -o)  | nicht seine Länge, sondern seine Tiefe.