[CMake] Linking windows resources with Watcom

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 01:36:43 EST 2010

I have tracked it down, and have discovered that the wmake watcom
generator does not support watcom... lacking the following lines...

ENABLE_LANGUAGE(RC)
SET(CMAKE_COMPILE_RESOURCE "rc")
SET(CMAKE_RC_COMPILE_OBJECT "<CMAKE_RC_COMPILER> /fo<OBJECT> <SOURCE>")

Problem with adding this, is that

SET(CMAKE_COMPILE_RESOURCE "rc <FLAGS> /fo<OBJECT> <SOURCE>")

as it is stated in windows-cl.cmake, uses <FLAGS>, which includes
compiler options that should not be passed to 'rc', so really rc
should get different flags.  I fear that 50% of the code I'm looking
for is bulit into the the cmake code itself instead of external
scripts.

This results in a file .res, which is not an object file, and requires
a seperate linker option 'option resource=${RESOURCE_OUTPUT}'

so, how do I seperate the .RES File from the .obj list passed to the
linker, and pass another option to the linker?