[CMake] Linking external static libraries into dlls

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 4 12:30:02 EST 2010

Hi all,

I am currently trying to link a DLL with the netcdf_c++ static library
in the hope I will not have to redistribute netcdf itself. (I thought
the DLL could contain the needed code itself).

Therefore I used

target_library_add({${myLib} ${netcdf_c++.lib})

While I can build that library static, whenever I try to build it
dynamic I get unresolved symbols (exactly the external ones).

So does cmake ignore the target_library_add() command for DLLS?

thanks,

Christoph