[CMake] FindHDF5.cmake improvement proposal

Mark Moll mmoll at cs.rice.edu
Tue Mar 2 12:37:15 EST 2010

On Mar 2, 2010, at 10:53 AM, Antonio Valentino wrote:
>> 2. For your SZip portion to work, there would need to be a
>> FindSZip.cmake in system modules directory. Do you have one that you
>> can contribute?
>
> Oh, sorry.
> I found it on gitorious.org
>
> http://gitorious.org/hdf5/hdf5-v18/blobs/master/Resources/CMake/FindSZIP.cmake

It would be nice if the FindSZIP module could detect whether the SZip library contains the encoder. The encoding part has a different license [1] than the decoding part, so some package managers (like MacPorts) do not install the encoder by default. I have no idea how to do this.

[1] See http://www.hdfgroup.org/doc_resource/SZIP/.

--
Mark