[CMake] Is it possible to set shared lib version info globally?

Mario Ceresa mrceresa at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 06:50:05 EST 2010

Hello all,
thanks for the wonderful work with cmake: I've started using it in all
my projects!

I'm trying to package VXL for Fedora and package guidelines require
all libs to be properly versioned.

My problem is that the actual cmake build of the project produces only
unversioned shared lib (they are all lib*.so not lib*.so.xx).

Is there a way to add version information globally, for all libraries?
Or do I have to manually search where each lib is generated and add
set_target_properties() to each?

I'm sorry if I made a silly question, but I googled for a while and
found nothing

Thanks and regards,

Mario