[CMake] change where package is generated; full name of package with extension

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Jun 18 13:06:46 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 1:01 PM, Tyler Roscoe <tyler at cryptio.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 06:30:25PM +0200, Eric Noulard wrote:
> > 2010/6/18 Tyler Roscoe <tyler at cryptio.net>:
> > > 1. I want to change where "make package" deposits the packages it
> > > creates.  Is there a way to do this -- some cpack variable I haven't
> > > found?
> >
> > No variable I am aware of.
> > However you may create a custom target which call make package and then
> > move the file, provided you know the name of the generated file ....
>
> The frustrating part here is that I can't add_dependencies or post-build
> custom_commands to the PACKAGE target because it is a "magic" CMake
> target. I suppose I can look into writing a custom_command that runs
> cpack with appropriate arguments, but I hoped to avoid this step.

But you could make a "build-products-done" custom target, and then use
add_dependencies with that and all the other "real" CMake targets that you
have to make it go last after all the real stuff is built.

Then you can add another custom target to do as much 'make package' type
stuff as you want and make it depend on the "build-products-done" custom
target...

Because to do what you want, you want multiple make package steps anyhow,
right?

HTH,
David