[CMake] Configuring targets & software that isn't yet built

Brian Davis bitminer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 18:44:42 EDT 2010

> I'm doing something similar, but I hit a problem when adding the
> dependencies
> so that the external projects are actually built.
> The issues is that it is currently not possible to use add_dependencies()
> with
> imported targets, here's the issue for it:
>
> Would that help in your case too ?

Yes I am having the same problems and I too have to  use the syntax
add_dependencies(target_name dependentExternalProjectPackage) as stated in
your bug report... it's really... how do I say... god awful.  CMake just
doesn't play nice with itself (i.e. importing third party source packages
with CMake build specs).