[CMake] Support for multiple components in cpack

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 07:35:56 EDT 2010

Hi All,
I'll try to launch a specific thread for this following what

Kishore said:
> I would like to see full support for multiple components in cpack.

David answered:
> Could you elaborate on "full support for multiple components in cpack" either in another thread,
> or in a feature request bug in the bug tracker?
>
> With NSIS on Windows and PackageMaker on Mac, we already have what I would consider "full support". Are you talking about
> extending that to additional CPack generators or is there something missing even in those generators in your opinion?

An explanation on CPack Component may be found here:
   http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake:Component_Install_With_CPack

As David said currently the only 2 CPack generators which support Components are
   - NSIS
   - PackageMaker

I personally would like a wider support including RPM, DEB, TGZ (and
may be ZIP and other archive-like).
There is at least one bug/feature report/request for that for  CPackRPM: