[CMake] Does the echo command use the system shell?

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Thu Jul 29 17:25:46 EDT 2010

Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com> writes:

>> This is quoting hell. Back to configure_file.
>
> What's wrong with my solution? Doesn't even require a custom command...

It is more complex than configure_file, although it has the advantage of
not requiring a .in file to configure. As this code is suppossed to be
understandable by people with very slim knowledge about cmake, the
simplest solution wins.

On that sense the add_custom_command was best, because when they see
"echo" and the redirection to the file they immediately guess what's
going on.