[CMake] Debug/Release configurations for codeblocks ?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 14:49:36 EDT 2010

2010/7/26 Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Eric Noulard <eric.noulard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks a lot.
>>> So the Code Blocks gen isn't native? Just uses a makefile for the
>>> build system. That explains it.
>>
>> It depends on what you mean by "native".
>> The project file for Code::Blocks is generated by CMake but
>> Code::Blocks may be used with "external" makefile(s)
>> which are generated by CMake too.
>
> By native I mean what Code Blocks projects use by default. I assume
> they don't use an external makefile.

No you are right the default is to use some "builtin" project file and
dependency tracking etc...

Now if you look at the Eclipse CDT4 generator this difference blurs
because Eclipse CDT do use Makefiles bu they can be "managed"
(generated by Eclipse CDT) or "custom/unmanaged" and that's
the way it is used with CMake Eclipse CDT generator.

--
Erk
http://www.april.org