[CMake] Debug/Release configurations for codeblocks ?

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 13:23:22 EDT 2010

On 26. Jul, 2010, at 19:07 , Carlos wrote:

>>> First let me say I don't know Code Blocks.
>>> The question implies Code Blocks project files support multiple
>> configurations.
>

> Yes, is my CMakeList.txt file going to impact the MSVC project file
> generation, while I am forcing Debug/Release configurations to be built ?

OK, it's like this: CMake has various "backends" which generate the native build tool. For MSVC, GNU Make, nmake, Xcode etc. Now, some of these backends are "multi-config", such as the ones for MSVC and Xcode. That means, the same project file can generate multiple configurations (e.g. Debug, Release or RelWithDebugInfo). Others, the Makefile based ones (GNU Make and nmake) are "single-config", where the build system generated by CMake can only build a single configuration which the user selected when configuring the build tree.

Since the CodeBlocks generator is actually the "GNU Makefiles" generator with the addition of the CodeBlocks project file, it inherits these characteristics and can only build a single configuration.

Hope this clears things a bit.

Michael