[CMake] Can't configure for Visual C++ 2010 Express using CMake 2.8.2

Tron Thomas tron.thomas at verizon.net
Sun Jul 25 22:39:36 EDT 2010

I am running the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Enterprise, and I have been
using CMake 2.8.1 to configure my cross platform project to build with
the express version of Visual C++ 9 2008.

I recently install the express version of Visual C++ 2010 on the system,
and upgraded to CMake 2.8.2.  Now when I go to configure my project for
Windows I get the following error output:

CMake Error at
3rdParty/Windows/Applications/CMake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:70
(MESSAGE):
   Could NOT find OpenAL (missing: OPENAL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):

3rdParty/Windows/Applications/CMake/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindOpenAL.cmake:101
(FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
   Engine/CMakeLists.txt:7 (find_package)

I don't know why CMake is not able to find the OpenAL include
directory.  My main CMakeLists.txt script checks against WIN32 to
include an additional Windows specific script that sets the
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH variable to the location for all needed header files
(including OpenAL headers).

What is needed so that CMake can configure my project correctly for
Visual C++ 2010 Express?