[CMake] cross-compiling: Add Support for IAR compiler

Hassan Mansouri hassan_mj at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 21 19:39:18 EDT 2010

Hi,
I am trying to do cross-compiling with CMake for IAR compiler (ARM).
My main problem with the current CMake 2.8.2 is the complain about -c  option
from IAR compiler. IAR compiler does not accept -c as input C  file and the
sysntax is CC <filename>.c [options]. How can I tell  CMake not to put -c when
calling the external compiler when it's IAR?

There is a link for supporting IAR compiler in CMake at:
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=10176 but I don't know how to apply the
changes.
Can anybody tell me what is the conclusion and how can I apply the required
patches to CMake? This discussion is for CMake 2.6, is this fixed in newer
version of CMake?

Cheers,
Hassan