[CMake] CPack DEB: default to standard Debian package file names

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 13:40:35 EDT 2010

2010/7/21 Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Droscy <droscy85 at yahoo.it> wrote:
>> Hi Olaf,
>>
>> Olaf van der Spek ha scritto:
>>> Could this be changed to "xbt-tracker_0.1.1_i386.deb"?
>>>
>> I'm using the following code to obtain a correct debian-name
>
> Looks good, but this should really be part of the generator.

There is a bug report for that trouble:

Currently there is no way to have a CPack Generator specific override
done by the specific generator.

However the user may choose the name by setting
CPACK_PACKAGE_FILE_NAME
in its CMakeLists.txt (as in the Droscy's example).

The limitation here is that you cannot generate 2 differents packages
(say RPM and DEB) with different naming convention
on the same host. (or you need at least two differents build trees).

--
Erk
http://www.april.org