[CMake] CPack DEB: default to standard Debian package file names

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 13:40:35 EDT 2010

2010/7/21 Olaf van der Spek <olafvdspek at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 5:39 PM, Droscy <droscy85 at yahoo.it> wrote:
>> Hi Olaf,
>> Olaf van der Spek ha scritto:
>>> Could this be changed to "xbt-tracker_0.1.1_i386.deb"?
>> I'm using the following code to obtain a correct debian-name
> Looks good, but this should really be part of the generator.

There is a bug report for that trouble:

Currently there is no way to have a CPack Generator specific override
done by the specific generator.

However the user may choose the name by setting
in its CMakeLists.txt (as in the Droscy's example).

The limitation here is that you cannot generate 2 differents packages
(say RPM and DEB) with different naming convention
on the same host. (or you need at least two differents build trees).