[CMake] cmake 2.8.2 win32: invalid escape sequence when finding fortran compiler

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Jul 15 13:22:03 EDT 2010

On 7/15/2010 12:07 PM, Verweij, Arjen wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>
>> I don't think we ended up with those flags after installing the intel
>> compiler for the dashboard we run at Kitware.  Are you sure that came
>>from the installer?
>
> Not really. I wasn't around when that system was set up.
>
> I tried from cmd.exe, MKS ksh and cygwin shell to get something with
Makefiles on Windows after unsetting the FFLAGS and F90FLAGS, but the
only thing I can successfully generate is solution files. With Makefiles
is borks somehow (cmake can't generate for me).

> Well, I'll go see if --debug-trycompile helps me point in the right
direction or if I can find something online or in the book and otherwise
start another thread :P

Make sure you clear out the binary tree each time.  If FFLAGS is not set
in the env when you run CMake, you should not get that same error.
However, if they were there, they will be put in the CMakeCache.txt file.

-Bill