[CMake] cmake 2.8.2 win32: invalid escape sequence when finding fortran compiler

Verweij, Arjen VerweijA at tass-safe.com
Wed Jul 14 10:16:21 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying a little F90 example on Windows with cmake. Apparently something is amiss, but I can't find much on Google about it; at least not about this particular case.

All I do is cmake ..\f90example and the following appears in my terminal:

S:\mnt\usr3\people\verweija\build>cmake ..\f90example
-- Building for: Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003
-- Check for working C compiler using: Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003 -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003
-- Check for working CXX compiler using: Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003 -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
-- Check for working Fortran compiler using: Visual Studio 7 .NET 2003
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:4 (SET):
  Syntax error in cmake code at

    S:/mnt/usr3/people/verweija/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeLists.txt:4

  when parsing string

    C:\Program

  Invalid escape sequence \P

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:4 (SET):
  Syntax error in cmake code at

    S:/mnt/usr3/people/verweija/build/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeLists.txt:4

  when parsing string

    Files\VNI\CTT5.0\include\IA32" /fpe:3 /nologo   ${COMPILE_DEFINITIONS}"

  Invalid escape sequence \V

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile configure of cmake failed

Please advise :)

Thanks,
Arjen

Arjen Verweij
QA/Test Engineer

[cid:image001.gif at 01CB236F.5D309C80]

Einsteinlaan 6
2289 CC  Rijswijk
The Netherlands

Phone:  +31 88 827 7086
Fax:       +31 88 827 7003
Email:  arjen.verweij at tass-safe.com
www.tass-safe.com

This e-mail and its contents are subject to a DISCLAIMER with important RESERVATIONS.