[CMake] CMAKE_<LANG>_FLAGS added to link rule

Verweij, Arjen VerweijA at tass-safe.com
Tue Jul 13 04:54:09 EDT 2010

Hi,

>AFAIK there
>is nothing that will be broken on AIX by removing <FLAGS> from
>the link rule for Fortran executables.

OK, I will just redefine the Fortran linker to keep the cmake generator compatible then start scrubbing link flags based on compiler documentation, because:

>What flags are causing the problem?

-xlf77=noleadzero and -xlf77=gedit77 -- as it turns out (reading documentation to figure out what these flags are supposed to do) they are incorrect and should read:
-qxlf77=noleadzero and -qxlf77=gedit77. Why xlf_r only complains during the linkstage and not while compiling I don't know, but this gets rid of the error.

I guess "fixing" the propagation of link flags in cmake is probably not a good idea until the implications are fully understood and not a pressing matter for me (anymore).

Thank you for investigating,
Arjen