[CMake] CTest examples

Bo Thorsen bo at askmonty.org
Fri Jul 9 07:37:54 EDT 2010

Hi people,

I have converted a set of applications to cmake and cpack, and now have
my eyes set on ctest.

I'd like to hear if someone here has some good advice, or links to good
advice, on how to structure tests. I'm searching for help on how to put
different tests into what executables. On how to handle multiple tests
on each classes, on how to best structure the test of the static
libraries (all of those are part of the source tree) that are linked in
to the application. And on how to test classes from the main application
itself.

I have read the ctest FAQ, documentation etc. and still don't know
anything that help me write the actual test code.

 From the looks of it, ctest only provides the framework to run a test,
no help is given to write the code of the tests themselves, is this
right? I have previously been using cppunit, and it looks like this will
still be useful.

To sum it up, I'm looking for real life advice on what you guys have
done with ctest. This information seem almost completely missing on the
net, where all searches on ctest leads to useless presentation on ctest
features.

Cheers,

Bo Thorsen.
Monty Program AB.

--

MariaDB: MySQL replacement
Community developed. Feature enhanced. Backward compatible.