[CMake] Compaq Visual Fortran

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at deltares.nl
Thu Jan 28 09:45:23 EST 2010

Hi Brad,

> Perhaps this means that _DF_VERSION_ is available only as a Fortran
> language symbol.

It would look that way, but what use would it have then?

> So we conclude that the compiler provides no way to identify itself
> using the preprocessor.  This will need non-trivial work in CMake to
> recognize it.  We'll have to start running unrecognized compilers
> with various "-V", "--version", etc. arguments hoping to find one
> that prints the compiler name.
>
> What is the output of
>
>   f90 -what

I ran f90 -what:

Compaq Visual Fortran Optimizing Compiler Version 6.6 (Update C)
Copyright 2003 Compaq Computer Corp. All rights reserved.

Compaq Visual Fortran 6.6-4088-47D3B
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\DF98\BIN\decfor90.exe

Regards,

Arjen