[CMake] Cross compilation and native executables

Guillaume Duhamel guillaume.duhamel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:28:52 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm one of the Yabause ( http://yabause.org ) developers and we're currently
porting our build system from Autotools to CMake. We made it to the point
were basic stuff is working and we now want to get cross compilation working
too.

One of Yabause compilation step require to generate and run an executable on
the build platform; The CMake documentation (
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/CMake_Cross_Compiling ) suggests that we use two
compilation phase to do that, one for the native build and one for the cross
compilation. Does that means you have to launch CMake + make twice or is
there any way to automate the process?

On the other hand, I've found out about the ExternalProject module in the
CMake documentation, could it be used to create a native-only CMake
sub-project?

What I would really like is some way to have all compilation work done with
only one CMake + make invocation ; is there any way to achieve that?
*<http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake-2-8-docs.html#module:ExternalProject>
*