[CMake] Installing Find*.cmake to the correct folder using NSIS configured by cmake on windows platform

Mika.Rajala at patria.fi Mika.Rajala at patria.fi
Tue Jan 26 04:44:22 EST 2010

Hi

Thanks a lot for the help. Sorry that I didn't provide all necessary
information at start, I just didn't understand the matter enought to write
it all.

You guessed right, I want to find out the folder of the host, so that the
cmake running on the host machine may find it. I'd like that the user of my
library can just install it with NSIS and use find_package(XX) without (the
joy of) further hacking.

I was unaware of those ConfigXXX.cmake files, but now that I am aware, I
see how FindXXX.cmake isn't the correct one here.

I'll try to look into executing install time scripts, as Eric suggested.

Thanks for the info.

-mika

             Eric Noulard
             <eric.noulard at gma
             il.com>                                                    To
                                       Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com>
             26.01.2010 10:59                                           cc
                                       Mika.Rajala at patria.fi,
                                       cmake at cmake.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [CMake] Installing Find*.cmake

2010/1/26 Michael Wild <themiwi at gmail.com>:

> On 26. Jan, 2010, at 9:02 , Mika.Rajala at patria.fi wrote:
>

>> Hi
>>
>> How can i tell the NSIS installer, using cmake, to install my
Find*.cmake
>> script to the ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules directory?
>>
>> Writing that to the "install" command doesn't work.
>>
>> I did try googling for anwsers for the better part of yesterday so if it
>> can be found on the internet, please provide some assistance.
>>
>> -mika
>
> You shouldn't do that! For your own project, don't write a FindXXX.cmake,
but a XXXConfig.cmake or XXX-config.cmake (as described by the
documentation of find_package). Also, refer to the same documentation to
find out in which directories CMake tries to find such a file.

> In order to write such a XXXConfig.cmake file, you should also look into
install(EXPORT ...).

Michael is right and I should have tell you that too,
May be installing your FindXXX.cmake is not the good way to go at all.

see reference on XXXXConfig.cmake there
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-January/034778.html

--
Erk