[CMake] Installing Find*.cmake to the correct folder using NSIS configured by cmake on windows platform

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 26 03:29:56 EST 2010

On 26. Jan, 2010, at 9:02 , Mika.Rajala at patria.fi wrote:

> Hi
>
> How can i tell the NSIS installer, using cmake, to install my Find*.cmake
> script to the ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules directory?
>
> Writing that to the "install" command doesn't work.
>
> I did try googling for anwsers for the better part of yesterday so if it
> can be found on the internet, please provide some assistance.
>
> -mika

You shouldn't do that! For your own project, don't write a FindXXX.cmake, but a XXXConfig.cmake or XXX-config.cmake (as described by the documentation of find_package). Also, refer to the same documentation to find out in which directories CMake tries to find such a file.

In order to write such a XXXConfig.cmake file, you should also look into install(EXPORT ...).

HTH

Michael