[CMake] Java Support

Alex Brandt alunduil at alunduil.com
Fri Jan 22 13:42:20 EST 2010

I know that support exists in CMake 2.8, but I can't find any documentation
for it or a statement about the status of it.  I've started looking into the
following files:

/usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindJava.cmake
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeDetermineJavaCompiler.cmake
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeTestJavaCompiler.cmake
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeJavaInformation.cmake
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeJavaCompiler.cmake.in

Is there anything else I can look at for Java with CMake or even helping out
to make Java for CMake work better?

It also seems that the following statements are missing from
/usr/share/cmake/Modules/CMakeJavaInformation.cmake:

IF(NOT ${CMAKE_Java_LINK_EXECUTABLE})
  SET(CMAKE_Java_LINK_EXECUTABLE
    "")
ENDIF(NOT ${CMAKE_Java_LINK_EXECUTABLE})

If this isn't the right way to handle this I'd like to know why, but otherwise
when trying to make a Java executable (basically a class file that shouldn't
be linked into a library) it complains about linking (which Java already
does?).

Regards,

Alex Brandt
--