[CMake] How to *not* delete generated files on 'make clean'

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Jan 20 10:29:06 EST 2010

On 01/20/2010 07:59 AM, Christian Ehrlicher wrote:
>> Von: Hendrik Sattler
>> Zitat von Christian Ehrlicher
>>
>>> I'm using QT4_CREATE_TRANSLATION() to automatically update my
>>> ts-files for translations. Now my problem is that cmake is to smart
>>> and deletes my generated ts-files during 'make clean'. Is there a
>>> way to work around this? In general it's fine that cmake deletes the
>>>   output of an add_custom_command() but in this case ... :)
>>>
>> It is the same as with .po files: there is no sense in automatically
>> updating them on a build (except that it takes time to do so).
>> There are two cases:
>> - The translations are already up-to-date ->  no changes.
>> - The translations are not up-to-date ->  after the automatic update,
>> they still don't have any additional translations.
>>

> I just want to have updated ts-files and then check them in. I don't translate the ts-files by myself.
> I've an option where I can enable/disable the ts-update. Using an additional target would work but...
>

> Christian

Maybe you could add your comments to this:
http://public.kitware.com/mantis/view.php?id=9505
Contrary to other comments in this bug report, these files must go into
the source dir (it is not a convenience).  And the translation build
tool has the ability to do incremental modifications to the files in the
source dir.

Clint