[CMake] What's the best way to support additional compilers for an "official" CMake language such as Fortran (fwd)

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jan 19 15:30:30 EST 2010

Alan W. Irwin wrote:
> I am still interested in an answer from the CMake developers on this issue.
> If CMake currently does not provide a convenient way for independent
> software projects like PLplot to try out additional compiler support for
> languages that are officially supported by CMake, then I will post a
> wish-list bug concerning this issue.  But I would prefer some on-list
> discussion of the issue first to make sure I am not missing anything.

I guess the best thing to do would be to create a bug entry with a
feature request.  Then attach the patch to the bug entry, and also offer
to run a dashboard with that compiler.  I am not sure I understand
exactly what you are asking for?   You should be able to set the
CMAKE_MODULE_PATH for your project and have additional compilers
supported via that method.

-Bill