[CMake] ANN: UseOcaml.cmake

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Jan 18 11:12:04 EST 2010

The reason the UseLATEX.cmake script copies files to the binary directory is because the latex compiler has no equivalent to the -I flag.  It always looks for files with respect to the directory in which the command was run.  Thus, the easiest way to do an out-of-source build is to simply copy the source over to the binary directory.  If the ML compiler has a way of specifying a list of directories from which to find included files, you are much better off compiling the original source file directly.

-Ken

On 1/15/10 9:28 AM, "Keyan" <ml at pulsschlag.net> wrote:

> I have took a look at your UseOCaml script. I can't see why you copy ML files into the current binary dir before compiling them. Is there a reason ?

no. i copied most of the stuff from the UseLATEX.cmake. it was done so there, and at the time i wrote the script, i thought its a good idea. don't ask me why :)

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov
**  ***  **  phone: (505) 844-8919