[CMake] using cmake on windows - query on existing targets

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 16:00:37 EST 2010

2010/1/11 Chauhan, Vikas <vikas.chauhan at anritsu.com>:

> I understand what you mean and it is similar to what the macro suggested
> by Alex does.
> However, I do not want a developer to have a need to change setting in
> the cmake GUI for what I need.
>
> What I want is that:
> 1. the user should be able to see a list of components & sub-components,
> using a command from the cmd window from the location where the cmake
> GUI has generated the build files.

Did you try the Nmake generator and call

nmake help

> 2. the user should be able to choose a sub-component to build without
> asking to build the whole component. Also, I do not want to be
> generating build files every time I choose to build a different
> sub-component.

nmake subComponent

> Is this possible?
>
> Please note that I am on windows. I guess this is easily possible on
> Linux. As make allows you to query a list of targets & can build
> specific targets as well. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I bet nmake should support more or less the same set
of target than unix make, but since I'm not a experienced Windows user
I may be wrong.

If the Nmake generator does not suit your need may be the MSYS Makefile would?

--
Erk
http://www.april.org