[CMake] Cmake v2.8.0 ported to OS/2 - a question on DLL creation

Paul Smedley pauldespam at despamsmedley.id.au
Wed Jan 6 05:44:35 EST 2010

Hi All,

Whilst it still needs more testing and the diffs definitely need
tidying up, I've created an OS/2 port of cmake 2.8.0 - which is
available for download from my site at http://os2ports.smedley.info

The actual diffs + os2.cmake file can be downloaded from
http://smedley.info/cmake-2.8.0-os2-patches.zip

One question - OS/2 has a limitation for shared libraries that they
must have 8.3 filenames - can anyone think of a way to make this
happen automagically in cmake?

I was thinking of some kind of check for shared library name > 8
charaters long, then mangle a new name using some combination of the
first xxx characters of the requested name, and the last yyy
characters of the requested name to try and make sure the DLL name is
unique.

Any suggestions?

--
Cheers,