[CMake] Compiler Test Failing on Windows 7

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jan 5 15:01:47 EST 2010

David Cole wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 12:38 PM, Hendrik Sattler
> <post at hendrik-sattler.de <mailto:post at hendrik-sattler.de>> wrote:
>
>     Am Dienstag 05 Januar 2010 14:09:00 schrieb Joe L:
>      >   C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake
>      >  2.8/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/CMakeTestCXXCompiler.cmake:62
>      >  (CMAKE_DETERMINE_COMPILER_ABI) CMakeLists.txt:3 (PROJECT)
>
>     You might want to avoid instal cmake in a path with spaces.
>     I install software with unix layout to "C:\local"
>

> Nonsense. CMake works fine in a directory that has spaces in its name.
> We wouldn't make the default installation directory on Windows have
> spaces in it if it did have problems...
>
> There must be something else going on here.

This has nothing to do with copy file not working.  The copy file is not
working because no executable was generated for some reason.  You should
look in CMakeError.log and CMakeOutput.log.  If that fails to show
anything, then run cmake --debug-trycompile, then go into the CMakeFiles
directory and run the build tool by hand and figure out why it is not
producing executable files.

-Bill

--
Bill Hoffman