[CMake] Can CMake prompt the user for input while it's running?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 28 11:52:02 EST 2010

2010/2/28 Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com>:

>> Off course the cmake UI would authorize to unfilter all vars
>> just as today there is the advanced/normal view.
>
> You could just use the advanced/non-advanced to handle this. When you want
> to show a variable to the user make it non-advanced.  This would work with
> ccmake, cmake -i, and cmake-gui.  They all default to showing non-advanced
> variables by default.

As far as I understand Naram needs he wants to show far less variable
shown by cmake today (including vars coming from find_package(whatever))

Not mentionning the fact that mark_as_advanced makes the variable a CACHE
one which is not necesseraly what you want. You may even want to have a CACHED
variable shown to the user.

Basically I think you (Bill) are right the current "advanced" var
should be enough
but I doubt it correspond to Naram needs. I may be wrong, thus let Naram explain
himself :-)
--
Erk
http://www.april.org