[CMake] OsX bundle including Qt framework

Werner Smekal smekal at iap.tuwien.ac.at
Wed Feb 24 09:33:43 EST 2010

Hi Martin,

> I use cmake to make an osx bundle of my qt application. During
> install I copy qt framework from my qt install dir to the Frameworks
> directory of my bundle.

This will be done automagically using the BundleUtilities module. E.g.
in my project I do:

	# fixup bundle, copy dynamic libraries into app bundle
	set(APPS "\${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${SESSA_BUNDLE_NAME}.app")  # paths
to executables
	set(DIRS "${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/local/Release/lib")   # directories to
search for prerequisites
	INSTALL(CODE "
  	include(BundleUtilities)
   	fixup_bundle(\"${APPS}\"   \"\"   \"${DIRS}\")
   	")

Look in the mailing list or in the net about BundleUtilities to get more
information, or look in the module.

> The problem I have now is that when using “ostool –L “ I see that my
> executable look for qt frameworks in a dir which is the absolute path
> to my qt install dir.

Reason is, that if you link to a library, the reference inside the
*library* (use otool -L on that library) is used and set in the
executable as well. You need at least to set the new reference
(@executable_path/....) in the executable, so that it can find the
libraries (if libraries depend on other libraries you need to change
that as well). Use install_name_tool for that.

But everything is done by the BundleUtilities macro, so you don't need
to mess around here.

HTH,
Werner

> What I want is for my executable to look in the “Frameworks”
> directory of my bundle.
>

> Is there a way to do that directly during build using Cmake?
>

> Thanks
>

> MArtin
>

> _______________________________________________ Powered by
> www.kitware.com