[CMake] CMake 2.8.1 RC 3 is ready to try

Arjen Markus arjen.markus at deltares.nl
Mon Feb 22 14:33:20 EST 2010

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 10:12:12 -0800 (PST)
  "Alan W. Irwin" <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> On 2010-02-22 08:35-0500 Brad King wrote:
>
>> I cannot reproduce this.  I have a simple project:
>>
>>  # CMakeLists.txt
>>  cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.6)
>>  project(Foo Fortran)
>
> I don't have access to Cygwin myself, but as a
>convenience for more Cygwin
> testing by you and Arjen, I put together a simple test
>project that detects
>Fortran identically to how it is done in PLplot except I
>haven't bothered
> with our soft-landing code to deal with missing/broken
>Fortran compilers.

I just tried Brad's simple project and that worked fine.
I then rebuilt PLplot and came across the following
messages:

-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /bin/gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: /bin/gcc.exe -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- CMake version = 2.8.1
-- Checking whether system has ANSI C header files
-- Check for isnan in <cmath> - found
-- Check for using stdint.h with CXX compiler
-- Check for using stdint.h with CXX compiler - ok
-- CMAKE_GENERATOR = Unix Makefiles
-- The Fortran compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working Fortran compiler:
/cygdrive/c/arjen/gfortran/bin/gfortran.exe
-- Check for working Fortran compiler:
/cygdrive/c/arjen/gfortran/bin/gfortran.exe  -- works
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether
/cygdrive/c/arjen/gfortran/bin/gfortran.exe supports
Fortran 90
-- Checking whether
/cygdrive/c/arjen/gfortran/bin/gfortran.exe supports
Fortran 90 -- yes
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to:
/cygdrive/c/arjen/plplot-svn/install-cygwin/language_tests/Fortran
-- The Fortran compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /bin/g77.exe
-- Check for working Fortran compiler: /bin/g77.exe  --
works
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info
-- Detecting Fortran compiler ABI info - done
-- Checking whether /bin/g77.exe supports Fortran 90
-- Checking whether /bin/g77.exe supports Fortran 90 -- no
-- WARNING: fortran compiler does not support f90/95.
Disabling f95 bindings
-- Check for f77 command line support
-- Check for f77 command line support - found
-- Check if isnan function is available in fortran
-- Check for isnan in fortran - not found
-- NOTICE: Found: /bin/g77.exe

So it sees that CMake first finds gfortran and then, upon
processing the language_support part of PLplot, decides
that it should continue with g77.

I will now look at Alan's test project. Hopefully that
will give a similar result.

Regards,

Arjen