[CMake] CMake 2.8.1 RC 3 is ready to try

James Bigler jamesbigler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 12:15:35 EST 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 6:46 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 2/18/2010 4:35 PM, Ben Medina wrote:
>
>> However, with VS2010, CMake is re-run in the middle of the build.
>>

> Did this work in CMake 2.8.0?
>
> I tried some test cases that seem similar to yours but
> I was unable to reproduce this problem.  Perhaps the
> generate.stamp file is removed by whatever goes wrong
> with the Qt custom commands.

I've seen this as well with my FindCUDA code (also a code generator like
Qt's moc).  It happens with CMake 2.6 as well, but it happens so
infrequently that I haven't been able to reliably reproduce it.  I have a
hunch that it is related to the same file trying to be built by more than
one project that gets compiled in parallel.  Once I prevented the build
collisions problems like this tended to go away.

James